Brumby TPU

After a disappointing clear bag project, I decided to give this fabric another try. This time around I picked the small Brumby (you can see my medium & large fabric versions here). Since I’ve sewn this pattern up previously, I figured this would give me a better idea if my issues were with the pattern or material.

While I still found the material a bit sticky, it did perform much better with a simpler pattern. Since I used clear vinyl, I was able to omit the lining and opted to sew the zipper to the outside of the bag (you’ll probably want to trim 1/4″ off the top edge seam allowance). Sewing was EXTREMELY fast on this project and the results are super cute. Best of all this one winds up being TSA compliant size!