Astoria Complete

I was finally feeling well enough to sew the other day and managed to complete the Astoria. I love the way it turned out, even with the ruching on the side (it makes a good tummy concealer too). Plus I’m in love with the buffalo plaid – it is a close match to my Ziggi lining that I think these are meant to be worn together!

With that said, here’s some thoughts (and a few modifications) on this project. First off, it’s well put together – I didn’t have any issues with the instructions and all the pieces fit together nicely. The fit is good (I will say that I tend to go up one size anyway, I’ve found that a lot of fitted styles in Peek-a-boo patterns just look more flattering if I do), but I feel like the neckline is too large for the hood (it seems to be better suited for the cowl style). I also found that the tunic length was just a hair too long for me so in the end I wound up chopping off about an inch before hemming.

Overall, I love this top and definitely plan on making this again – although next time I’ll skip the ruching and just go for the flat front.