Cami Set

01-camisetAfter looking back at past projects, I noticed a trend: The first of the year I seem to want to sew up undergarments. Consequently, I have deemed the past few posts as “Lingerie Week” and undoubtedly will have another like this next year!. Yes, that’s right, I’ve made more!

This time I sewed up Ohh Lulu’s  Clara camisole pattern (and paired it up with another ruched back panty). I used a mesh print that has been sitting in my stash for years and am really pleased with my results! The cami pattern was extremely easy to sew – all the raw edges are bound with fold-over-elastic so there is nothing to hem. That does mean the the bottom hem is left raw – which works with the mesh, but you may not want this look if you work with other fabrics (If you do add a hem, I would suggest adding some additional length to the bottom as well since the current length skims the bottom edge of the panty).

The fit is a bit big on me and I am guessing I could probably go down a size and would have slightly better results. The cups are about right as well as the lower half of the camisole, but I have found there is just a bit too much material in the back and underarsm so it gapes a bit in these areas. If I make this camisole up again in another super-stretchy material (this print has incredible stretch and recovery) I think I’ll go down a size otherwise, I may stick with what I’ve worked (something with less stretch may not perform the same way).

Overall a fun and easy pattern to sew up and when paired with a cute panty pattern, it makes a great set! I will say that the strapping material was difficult to find – I suggest buying online or give the ladies at Needle Nook a call (I used a 3/8″ white bra strapping for this set).