I Bought It From A Department Store….

As you may remember before my week-long crafty giveaway, I had cut out the material for the Boulevard Jacket…. unfortunately, I had neglected to pattern match much of the jacket. Since I had a limited amount of material left, I decided to work with the lower portion of the jacket – this section of the jacket had the most pieces to work with (4) and would be the most obvious area of uneven pattern matching. I will spare you all the gory details, but after hours of working on the front, matching fabric, re-cutting, re-cutting again after discovering a minor error in the pattern (FYI if you make this jacket for yourself, there is no need to finish the long edge of the pocket flap as it is encased in the center front seam), and lots of cursing, I managed to come up with this:

While it’s difficult to see in the photo, the pocket flaps match the side fronts perfectly (since this photo, I’ve added the upper front portion of the jacket as well as the faux pocket flaps)! Although the side and center front are off a bit. The thing that bothers me most is that the sides are not ‘symmetrical’ and are slightly different looking from each other. I just didn’t have enough fabric to re-cut all of the pieces so I worked with what I had. I think that it will all blend in once the rest of the jacket is put together. Worse comes to worse and it’s all off, I’ll tell everyone that I didn’t make the jacket and that I purchased it from (insert you local department store here)!