All Ironed Up

Well, internet connectivity problems have struck our house once again! Finally, it looks as if it’s back up and running – so since it’s getting so late, I’ll keep today’s post brief.

I spent some time yesterday applying all the interfacings to the bag pieces – whew, that was some work! If you choose to make this pattern at some point, make sure you read the directions carefully – there are some specific ways the instructions have you applying some of the pieces. One thing I have figured out, if you are using a home decor weight fabric that is 45 inches, you won’t need as much woven interfacing as what the pattern calls for. I also got all the piping ready for this bag as well. I’ve opted for a red (twill remnant) instead of using out material – I’m hoping this will bring out more color in the design. Now I think everything is ready to go – next up, sewing!