As excited as I was to sew up the Sporty Piko, my result was just as disappointing. I knew going in that this top was a very relaxed fit – I just didn’t realize how “relaxed” it would be…. it’s HUGE.
The photo on the left is the initial fit of the top. For reference, this is a size small and you can easily see how over-sized it is. Between the color and the fit, I felt like I was wearing a hospital gown….
In an effort to salvage this tee, I decided to shave 1 1/2″- 1 3/4″ off each side (I kept the initial fit of the sleeve because I was afraid I would make it too tight) and I think that the end result is much better. It’s still loose, but not sack-like. However, I’m still not in love with the end result… this pattern still needs some work. I may consider giving the Sporty Piko a try again in the fall (in at least one size down) because I love the idea of creating a PomPom Jersey with a team logo across the back, but I’ll have to rethink how I may want to go about sewing it up.