With everyone going back to work and school after the long holiday weekend I spent some time in my kitchen (where I made a massive pot of spaghetti sauce) and my sewing machine – and I finished Taylor’s hoodie (and now for the ‘serious’ pose)!
#14 from stashscrap fabric – The Headband. I decided yesterday that I need to work on something quick that would coordinate with the jacket I was making Taylor. That’s when I decided to make Altered Cloth’s Headband #5. I did make it a tad thinner than the 2″ width she described, but otherwise I followed her directions and came up with this:
I was hoping for an action shot, but Taylor spent the afternoon at a friend’s Memorial Day party (riding horses, swimming, cooking out) so I never got my photo. You’ll have to wait for that when I post the finished hoodie pictures for the completed look.
It’s only just a few days into September, but yesterday, I noticed Halloween candy is already going on sale! This brought about a conversation with Taylor of what she wanted to do for one of my favorite holidays….
Happy National Sewing Month! I hope this month brings lots of great sewing opportunities, projects, fabric, and patterns to everyone.
With 8 days left on my ticker to complete my stashed fabric projects, I’m ready to start my next adventure – Taylor’s skull hoodie. The project should appear on the sidebar once I can figure out how to add it to my template (moveable type decided to upgrade and has messed with my system!).