I know normally, I post in the afternoon, but I’m so excited that I couldn’t wait….. It’s done! Taylor’s Halloween costume is officially complete!
It’s back to costume sewing, even though temperatures here are going to reach 97 degrees and it feels very unfall like at the moment.
Yesterday, I spent the afternoon cutting out costume fabric. So by the time evening rolled around, I was very excited to get started sewing.
What you’re looking at is the headpiece for the Zombie Bride costume. While there is no sewing involved, there’s lots of cutting – if you plan on making this and you don’t already have a rottary cutter and mat, now is the time to invest in one.
Fall is here and the change in seasons seems to bring about a lot of changes in other things. So to keep the theme, here’s some before and after photos for you!
First off, I want to thank everyone for all the birthday well wishes – I had a wonderful day yesterday! Since I was so unproductive, it’s time to get back to work – the real kind. That’s why this post is coming so early today, I’ll be away from my computer all day (I hope I don’t get the jitters from computerinternet withdrawl). But, enough about work and deadlines, let’s talk about sewing!
What you’re looking at is the second muslin that I’ve made for Taylor’s costume.
I spent the evening sewing up a muslin for Taylor’s costume.
Even though I have a few more projects that I would like to squeeze in, I decided that it’s time I get to work on Taylor’s Halloween costume.
Wow, it’s hard to believe, but I have been ‘collecting’ fabrics for Taylor’s costume for a little over a month. Last night, I picked up the final piece – some white satin for the contrast inset (that will lay under the off white lace that I already purchased).
I continued my craftiness yesterday by decaying roses. Well, at lest making them look decayed.