Have you ever worked on a project that was jinxed from the start? Apparently, my second Jalie swimsuit version was one of those projects.
Taylor had a friend over for a few hours this afternoon – I thought during that time I would get in a bit of sewing. Inserting an invisible zipper sounded like it would take too much concentration, so I opted to start on my second version of the Jalie 2446 swimsuit.
Before I start this entry, I’ll start off by saying, I got another Patrones magazine – the May “joven” issue. This time I purchased it off of Ebay, but by the same seller Stoff Art. If you’ve been wanting to check this magazine out, head on over to Ebay – they only have 5 more left!
Since Taylor had a fishing tournament this morning, I had plenty of time to (finally) start on my Burda WOF dress. I think I’m glad that I waited to start on this one because I’m having a horrible time understanding the instructions. Either this dress is going to turn out absolutely adorabe or it’s going to end up a wadder. Before I put it aside, I only got the darts sewn, the facing pinned and the collar sewn (but, not attached).
Well, I managed to finish up Taylor’s swimsuit today (the completed suit is now on the project sidebar). I can’t believe how easy it is to create swimsuts (and how stores can charge so much for them)! Taylor is also thrilled with the whole suit now that it’s finished. Even the shorts. I had to force her to take it off so that I could take a completed project photo.
Since the weather outside is so beautiful and the kickoff for the Wichita River Festival started today (a highly under advertised event unless you live in Wichita), I spent the afternoon downtown – eating a giant turkey leg, roasted corn (drenched in butter), drinking a beer, and listening to local band play music. Too bad I was too full to eat a funnel cake.
Needless to say, I ran out of time to finish up Taylor’s swimsuit. I did manage to get part of the top done and it’s starting to take shape.
I had about an hour or so today that I managed to squeeze in some sewing. I completed the boy short swimsuit bottoms for Taylor and had her try them on. Her reaction?
It seems like I’m doing everything but sewing lately (tracing patterns, washing & cutting fabric, etc.)! Last night I sat down and cut out 2 swimsuits – one for Taylor and one for myself. Now I’m one step closer to sewing on this project!
You wouldn’t think that finding a plain white swimsuit fabric would be a difficult chore – but apprarently, it is. Some of the lycra remnants have white in it and I would like to use it as an accent piece, especially as a band of the boyshort style).
The 5+ lbs. of lycra remnant fabric that I bought over ebay arrived yesterday afternoon:
Since Taylor was home sick today, I spent some of the afternoon tracing off patterns while we watched movies. My Jalie swimsuit patterns came in the mail and I spent most of that time tracing off tops and bottoms for Taylor and I (now that’s a lot of pieces!).
I got an email from the ebay vender who was selling the swimsuit fabric that my fabrics are being shipped today! So by the end of the week I’m hoping that I’ll have all my supplies to make takinis and bikinis!