I spent an entire afternoon on a search for buttons. Apparently finding buttons for jackets is the hardest task for me. I equate this process to picking out light fixtures for houses – they’re both tough to do and can really make or break the whole look you’re going for.
At last, my coat is taking shape and is finally looking like something you can wear! The pockets on the second panel went much faster and smoother than the first and I didn’t even have to refer to the instructions this time! Even though the instructions didn’t call for it, I went ahead and interfaced all the parts of the coat with lightweight interfacing (except for the sleeves). I really noticed a difference in the uninterfaced pieces – they just seemed floppy in comparison (the coat really has more body to it now). My next step is to find some buttons that will work with this style.
I know that it’s hard to make out what exactly the picture above is. But, what you are seeing, is my short coat in progress. SLOW progress.
I had good intentions of sewing my short coat yesterday. However, Monday had a different plan in store for me.