Lots (and lots) of shirts

This weekend I made a lot of shirts. Some friends and I had ordered a bunch of screen prints during a pre-order quite awhile ago and between the order taking longer to print and the fact that the post office held my package hostage for a few extra weeks (I was actually told one of my packages was lost and to file a claim, only for it to finally be found and start tracking 3 or 4 days later and then finally arrive over a week after that!), I was motivated to get these done.

I still have several more that I need to make, but I actually ran out of shirts! I think the next time around I may try some interesting bleaching techniques to make the designs pop even more. I’m going to have to research this a little bit since I’ve seen lots of talk about why types of shirts work best (like avoiding 100% cotton because the bleaching is more likely to cause holes) and how to avoid over bleaching shirts (by using hydrogen peroxide), but I’m still not feeling prepared to try this quite yet. If you have experience doing these, I’d love to hear your feedback!

In the mean time, I have a list of patterns I’d like to tackle this week, a pattern to test (you’re going to love it), and We All Sew project to finish up. It’s a busy week, but I’m just happy to have my sewing mojo back!