Rory

When the Rory Raglan first came out, I didn’t think this was a pattern that I wanted. Then (after the sale, of course), I started seeing people posting their makes and had instant regret. So, after mulling it over for a few days, I broke down and bought it… and I’m so glad I did, I LOVE IT. As a bonus, I noticed that this is a very similar style that’s appearing in stores now too!

For this version I made the Low V-Neck (and hood) with short sleeves and a hemmed high hip shirt length. After digging through my stash I decided to finally use a stripe French terry that I got in a So Sew English bundle ages ago – I had originally be saving this for something Easton might want, but he’s not that into having me make things for him, so I’m finally putting it to good use (if you like this print, they did stock the same, or something very similar last week).

Construction on the Rory was great. I honestly thought that the neckline might look a little wonky (you are dealing with a very thin facing piece), but it really does look fantastic (I am sure that fabric choice may have something to do with it as well). The pieces went together well, the directions were good, and assembly took just a few hours from start to finish – it might even go faster if you opt to use bands instead of hems! I did speed things up a bit by skipping the drawstring, largely because I have completely run out of grommets and didn’t want to make button holes. Besides the hood isn’t very functional considering the neckline I chose!

As for the fit – this style top is designed to be relaxed, but it doesn’t look sloppy. I also think that the neckline is very flattering and different than anything I currently own. All in all it’s a winner!

I can definitely see making more of these in the future – in fact I’m plotting how I could use it next!