Romy V.2

When Jalie released the Romy add-on pack (square neckline & puff sleeves, you can find the base pattern here), I added this to my “Must Sew” list. Unfortunately, life got in the way and the ‘rona kept us from being able to go anywhere so there wasn’t as much incentive to sew it up. But since I getting my mojo back, I finally decided to give this pattern a whirl and now I’m wondering what took me so long to sew it up! I LOVE IT!

For this version, I used a black solid cotton spandex knit from Girl Charlee fabrics – this fabric had a nice, beefier weight to it (it is considered a medium weight) and I think it helped give the finished top a bit more structure. I opted to use both the square neckline and puff sleeves because I wanted this exact look that Jalie used for the cover photo and I think I pulled it off pretty well!

Assembling this pattern was easy and the instructions we very straightforward. However, I should point out, that it’s very important to read through the directions and not just assume you know how to construct this one (something that I do at times) because there are a few alterations that you need to make before you start sewing, etc. Overall, this top was easily put together in an afternoon – which means I see a few more of these in my future before winter is gone!

2 thoughts on “Romy V.2

Comments are closed.