With the CDC recommending wearing masks (and some cities requiring them), I’ve been a busy lady. The latest round is for friends who continue to work and requested protection and for Bret’s family:
While the pattern itself sews up fairly quickly, I’ve found making straps have been the most time consuming. Unfortunately, I’ve run out of elastic (I wasn’t a fan of what I purchased as I couldn’t ever find a standard measurement that worked for everyone) and pre-made bias tape and I’m staying away from ribbon because it isn’t recommended (probably because it doesn’t wash well or hold up over time), so this has become my only option. I made yards and yards of bias tape for this batch alone (roughly 50!) .While finding my bias tape maker has helped, it’s still a long process… but I am now a master at bias tape!
With that said, I think I need a break from sewing masks. I’m definitely burned out, but feel better knowing that I’ve provided some protection for a lot of people. For now, I’m going to do a bit of selfish sewing, maybe try a new pattern, and reset my sewing mojo.