We had an event packed weekend, but I made sure to squeeze in a bit of sewing time so that I could finish my Simone shorts. I’m so glad that I did too, because they are very cute (even though all the details are lost in the photo… I blame the print) and super comfortable. As a bonus, the temperatures are going to be in the 90s this week, so I’ll have an opportunity to wear them before fall weather cools things down.
As for the pattern, I thought that it was really easy to put together. The directions and illustrations are clear and the pieces lined up nicely. My only complaint is that my fabric choice – I’m finding that the material droops some at the pockets… next time I think I’ll either select a material that has a bit more body or add a bit more interfacing at the pocket edges to crisp it up some.
Now that the shorts are finished, I really think I need a Michelle tank to wear with it – so expect a coordinating top sometime this week…. and maybe a pair of the Simone pants for when it gets cooler.