This week I submitted a project to WeAllSew (keep an eye out for it soon, but I’ll be sure to mention it here when it goes live). It’s a fun little back to school sew that has several different styles of pockets (which is all I can say about it now) and should be useful all year long!
This was a fairly lengthy set of instructions that I wrote out, so I “rewarded” myself with fabric and a couple of patterns (the TAMI hoodie and Athena Tank). However, as of today, I’m also giving serious consideration to buying the Pietra Shorts… because I need more cute and comfy shorts! Of course the Cielo may make it’s way into my bag as well, especially after seeing this video of them paired up together.
But, even with all these purchases, my next project will likely be the Denver Backpack. Unfortunately, my favorite purse died last week (the lining got stuck in the zipper – it’s still functional, but broken) so it’s time to start thinking about a new one. I purchased this Alexander Henry print the other day at Joann and am trying to find a way to make it work with this pattern. Not only is the print large, but directional. This is an “issue” since the backpack folds over at the top, something is going to be sideways (or upside down) at some point. I spent an hour toying with placement ideas, then spent another 30 minutes looking at people’s bags online to see how they dealt with it. I’d really like this to work since I think it might be a fun bag to tote around at Halloween… alright, every day.