Converse Pt. 1

Last week I had mentioned that I had started on a Converse button down for Easton. In the middle of sewing it, I decided that he needed something to go under it… so I made him a coordinating t-shirt.

I searched for images on the internet and came across the one on the left – it was so cool that I couldn’t resist giving this one a whirl. I also used a flocked heat transfer vinyl to give it a more retro vibe. While cutting this went so much better than my last attempt, weeding it was a real booger (it’s hard to tell, but there are tiny little holes for the shoe’s stitching – a great effect, but tricky to remove). In the end, it was totally worth it because it’s such as bold design.