I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas yesterday. I know that the day went way too fast and today we’ve reached the holiday crash! Even though the festivities are over, I managed to sneak in one more project before the big day (although not sewing related). I had been seeing quite a few Santa plaques\signs around the internet and wanted to give it a whirl and here is my attempt.
I took an inexpensive board and stained it (I think it might look good white, too), trimmed a gift bag to find the boards, then mod podged them on. After everything was dry, I used a sander to buff the edges to give and worn, vintage look. I liked the end result, but think that I could have buffed the edges a bit more. Unfortunately, I wore the sanding pad out too much and didn’t have a replacement so I settled for this! Hopefully, I’ll get a chance to do this again next year for gift giving – I feel like I’ve learned what to do a bit better and things may go much smoother… this was my second attempt, my first went into the trash!