Even though we stayed home for the holiday, admittedly, I didn’t get to do much sewing at all. One project that is complete? My sweater inspired by this photo. (the colors in my top are a bit brighter than what the photo shows, but it was late by the time I finished so the lighting was horrible)
The closest pattern that I could come up with that had a similar vibe to the inspiration was Pattern’s for Pirate’s Women’s Henley (sans raglan) – normally, these patterns don’t fit me well, but I figured the material had enough stretch and would size up if I was on the cusp of two sizes. Overall, things came together beautifully. However, the gray hacci (I believe it is this material, but it was part of a bundle) was a bit difficult to work with. While it has a beautiful hand and great stretch, you really need a differential feed for this material to “behave” while sewing. The stripe, however, was perfect.
As for the fit, I was very pleased with how this Pattern’s for Priates worked out. I believe it is mostly due to the style, but I would be willing to give this Henley another go with a different material.