Rebel Choker

I’ve been fortunate enough to test out some patterns this year for George & Ginger. One that I was hoping that I would get to do was the Rebel Choker Tee, I wasn’t selected this time so as soon as it was released, I knew I had to buy it (plus if you join the release party Facebook page you got an additional 10% off the sale price).

I wound up using one of my new double brushed poly fabrics from So Sew English for this version – and might I add, it is wonderful to work with! As for the pattern, it sewed up well. However, my only (sewing) complaint is that I wish that there was an overhang on the back of the shirt that allowed for the “choker” portion\neckband to be attached. I think it would have given it a cleaner look, but it still looks fine on.

As for the fit, overall it’s good. My choker is a bit looser on me than what I would have liked and the length is a bit too long for shorts (although I have found most of G&G shirts are generally too long), but I like it! Since it’s such a distinctive style, I probably won’t make too many more of these, but I may squeeze in a 3/4 or long sleeved version later on in the season.