Last week the bundle of patterns that I had ordered from Jalie arrived. My original intent was to start tracing off the Loulouxe Skort and the Charlie Bomber (in fact, I have fabrics already picked out for these patterns, too…. but more on that in another post). Unfortunately, spring break kept me from being productive, so I decided to tackle a project that looked to be quick and easy – their new Nico Raglan Tee.
Since I hadn’t planned on working with this pattern right away, I didn’t have fabrics set aside. But after a quick search of the stash, I settled on a Minecraft faces print (this was a remnant from the Perfect Polo from quite awhile back) with contrasting black sleeves. For this tee, I traced off the short sleeves with the straight hem) in a size M.
Sewing on the Nico was straightforward… in fact, I never read the directions for this pattern. With that said, the pieces did go together beautifully and the shirt came together without a hitch. As for the fit, it’s spot on. However, with the way Easton is growing, I don’t think he’ll be wearing this shirt for too much longer. I definitely have plans on making this one again, but in a solid (so I can use my Cricut to make an iron on transfer) and possibly trying out the 3/4 sleeves and curved hem.