This weekend I’m attending a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert (cross your fingers that the ice storm doesn’t change those plans) and I realized that I didn’t have anything to wear for the event. I thought this was the perfect excuse to get back to the Anniversary Top that I said I was going to work on last month.
For this top, I went up one size (as you can see this totally eliminated the puckers in the bust that I saw in my previous version) and use the long sleeve, low neck version of this tee. I used RP Custom Fabrics Steampunk panel for the front of the shirt and their solid black for the back, sleeve and bindings. While the shirt went together without a hitch, I had some issues with the panel size and the placement of the design – it was so far up on the panel that I had to raise up the neckline some so that the image wouldn’t be cut off or be so close to the neckline binding that it looked odd. The panel was also shorter than the pattern itself so I took up the length 1 1/2″-2″ (which was fine because I thought the size was too long last time and took about that much off last time anyway).
As for the fit, it’s much better. However, the fabric is substantially different than what I used last time so it feels snug, but is not overstretched. In fact, it looks pretty slimming when I put it on (I’m guessing some of that is that it’s black)…. it might be one of my favorite tops that I’ve made recently! Here’s the breakdown of the cost for this shirt, in case you’re interested: