Color Blocking & MicroSuede

One more knock-off tee complete (Well, almost. I still have hems to place, more on that in a minute)! This time I used Papercut Pattern’s Enis Tee to create a color blocked version – minus the hem and sleeve bands. I also added a suede pocket (I wish I would have looked at my inspiration photo and noticed the pocket was completely square) and elbow patches.


As for the pocket, I just used an existing pattern piece that was already out (the pocket from the Bristol Button Up) so that I wouldn’t make it too small or too big. As for the elbow patches, I just winged it! I noticed that they were relatively large in the inspiration photo, so I created a template and scaled it down until it was the size I thought looked most like the photo. I attached the sleeve to the shirt first, pinned the sleeve and side seam in place, tried it on and pinned the patch in the position I wanted. Now all I have left are the hems – one drawback to omitting the sleeve bands (which is a design option in the instructions), is that the sleeves are really short without them (or I have much longer arms that what I realized) – you really need to add at least an 1″ to compensate for the lack of the band. Consequently, I’m going to have to make this area a narrow hem. Boo. Otherwise, I really like the way this one turned out. I may have to do more color blocking in some future shirts!

Pattern: Enis Tee by Papercut Patterns:

Burgandy Red Solid Cotton Spandex Knit from Girl Charlee
Papyrus Rayon Spandex from Joann’s
Tobacco Solid Microsuede from Joann’s
Total Cost:

Pattern….. stash
Fabric……. $22.41
Notions…. stash

Total $22.41