I know I don’t need more fabric, but when I saw the preview for Girl Charlee‘s April Knit Fix bag, I couldn’t resist…. anchors? splatter paint? cool scorpions? I was in. I normally don’t make requests (you can make them and Girl Charlee does a pretty good job honoring them from what I understand), but I really wanted those anchors for Taylor (her sorority’s symbol is the anchor) so it was worth a shot.
My bag arrived yesterday and here’s what was inside (the colors look a bit ‘off’ to me in the photo, we’ve been having rain and cloudy weather so I never could get a great picture):
- White dot on black cotton spandex knit – lovely knit with good stretch and recovery.
- Black anchors on coral pink jersey rayon spandex knit – Yay! Exactly what I wanted. It also has wonderful drape and stretch. It is the same print, but different color way as this teal version.
- Teal heather solid cotton spandex knit – I’m probably in the minority when I saw this, but I am excited to see solids in my bag. I have very little solid fabric in my stash, but realize that there are occasions that I need to sew with them, so it’s nice to have something on hand when the occasion calls. This is a great color too, unfortunately it looks more blue than teal in the photo.
- Royal fuchsia Navajo brushed cotton jersey blend knit – Probably my least favorite fabric in this bag, but the first fabric that I’ve decided what I’m going to do with! Girl Charlee is holding a contest to sew for your ‘little one’ using fabrics from this bag. Seeing that this is the only material that isn’t ‘girly’, I’m planning on using it for Easton…. I’m thinking a pair of funky shorts!
- Small roses on black jersey rayon blend knit – Another really pretty floral that has wound up in my knit fix. I’m going to guess this print will be highly sought after in the buy\sell\trade group.
- Black burnout cotton jersey knit – Is it just me or does anyone else hate working with burnout? I like the way it looks, but it’s not a friendly fabric to work with. With that said, I’ve got ‘plans’ for this material as well (I think a simple tee with a layered tank underneath and maybe a new Comino Dress using this as the upper bodice) – I’m glad it wound up in my bag, but expect grumblings as I sew it.