Every spring break, think to myself, “I’m going to be so productive this week.” Of course, that never happens. However, over this past vacation, I did manage to tackle a project that has been rolling around in my head for almost two years – a seamless Lady Skater. Last week, I mentioned that I morphed the pattern together and I finally had the chance to test it out. The photo on the left is my end result.
My thoughts? Meh, it just feels like an ordinary dress. I like the fact that the bottom is ‘swishy’-er than most and that the pattern no longer breaks up the print, but I didn’t create anything earth-shattering by morphing the top and skirt portion together…. in fact, now that it’s finished, I’m wishing that the skirt was somehow fuller and the bodice was a bit more fitted (I do blame the material for the less fitted look – it is extremely stretchy and drapy which I believe changes the fit of this dress some). I will keep this (morphed) pattern on hand for times when I need a quick knit dress and want to use a print, but I don’t think this will be my ‘go to’ pattern.
One thing I should mention if you decide to do this yourself, is that you’ll need more material than the original instructions call for – probably 2 1/2-3 yards depending on your size.