Bristol Button-up Update

I haven’t had a great deal of time to work on my latest pattern purchase, the Bristol Button-up. So far, I’ve managed to assemble the PDF, cut the size, and cut the fabric.

As far as the size is concerned, I wound up cutting a medium – since I’m really on the cusp of small\medium I thought this top might be better if it was sized up. Just by looking at the tester photo, this top looks to run a bit tight in the bust and if I ever plan on wearing (another) shirt underneath this one, I certainly don’t want it to be too tight.

Now for the fabric. Since the flannel I am using was originally intended for another project, I did not have enough as what was required in the instructions (I had about 1 1/2 yards – don’t quote me on that, I didn’t measure before I cut, though), but still managed to have enough to cut out all the required pieces with some very careful and creative cutting (my material was also 54″ wide instead of 45″ which also helped). Unfortunately, I wasn’t so lucky for the hood piece. The pattern pieces says to only cut 2, but later found out that I needed 4…. and I’m about 1/4″+ short in cutting another set out. I haven’t quite figured out what I’m going to do about that yet – I may have to break down and buy extra fabric.

Here’s the cost breakdown for this project. After looking a it, I’m really hoping this works out because it came out a lot higher than what I expected… plus I bought new boots yesterday and I think they would look really good with this top!

Pattern: Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop’s Brisol Button-Up
11-bristol

Fabric:
Plaid Flannel from Joann‘s
11-flannel

Total Cost:

Pattern….. $8.50
Fabric……. $19.40
Notions…. $10.63

Total $38.53