Somehow October kicks of the start of a crazy, busy end of the year. I was fortunate enough not to have to sew up any costumes this year, but had numerous other deadlines this time instead…. one of them being a new project for Creative Machine Embroidery that will come out sometime next year. While I was busy embroidering, I decided I would keep the momentum going and stitch up a couple of items for the kids:
I used Urban Threads (free in October) I Heart Zombies design on a shirt for Easton to wear after his classroom party at school. I had run out of the stabilizer that I would normally use for this project and used a ‘mystery style’ instead. THAT was a huge mistake. Not only did the bobbin thread pull through to the front, the dense stitching crated puckers in the shirt… and I can only imagine what shape it will be in after I wash it. It is super cute and Easton loved it (as well as a lot of kids!), but lesson learned: Use a good stabilizer for all your embroidery projects. I took my own advice for my second project and used a much better stabilizer – a Greek letter applique sweatshirt for Taylor and had much better results. By the way, the mystery stablizer is now in the trash.