Yesterday’s internet outage meant three things:
1. I went through a bit of withdrawal not being able to do my daily ‘internet stuff’… surfing on your phone is just not the same.
2. Yesterday became very expensive very quickly as a new modem had to be purchased and installed (there goes the fabric budget!).
3. I cut out a new project!
As much as I want to work with my new fabric bundle, I have a very strong desire to make a new fall jacket (even though it doesn’t feel like fall here). I’ve had my eye on Simplicity 1070 for awhile now and decided to take the plunge and go ahead and sew this one up now. Initially I wanted to make this in black (like the model), but after stumbling across a fabulous hounds tooth at Joann’s, I decided that it must be made in that instead. One thing that I must warn you about is not to be deceived by this jacket…. there are TONS of pieces to this (alright, not tons, but a lot – I hadn’t expected that many because the jacket looks fairly simple at first glance). The details about this project are below:
Pattern: Simplicity 1070
Houndstooth Black\Gray Knit from Joann‘s
Fabric……. $14.61 (+stash)