The long, three-day weekend totally threw me off and I forgot to post yesterday… but I didn’t forget to sew! This weekend I worked on the Adelaide project:
One great thing about shopping ready-to-wear is that you have the ability to try on a variety of different styles without the commitment of buying something. Unfortunately, sewing doesn’t work like that, so trying something ‘different’ may end up in a wadder. This pretty much sums up the Adelaide for me. It looks cute on the dressform, but totally isn’t “me” when I put it on. I went out on a limb and tried something that was “out of my style comfort zone” and sadly, it just didn’t work for me (as a side note, I also gave this to Taylor to see if she liked it and she thought it was “just o.k.” on her).
With that said, it was nice to work on a woven project for a change! The pattern went together well, but I think it may have taken longer than the 3-hours listed to put it together so keep that in mind if you’re needing a quicker sew. As for me, I think I’ll stick with styles that I know work for me.