Keeping with my (self-imposed) knit fix challenge, I decided to whip up a new project over the weekend. Using the black crossed lines jersey rayon spandex knit from my bag and Seamwork Magazine’s Mesa, I made a new, (adorable) dress! This is a simple shift design with a scooped neckline, side slits, and short, almost elbow length sleeves, that comes together in about an hour.
Since the sewing on this one is pretty straightforward, I’ll skip to the fit… which is once again, spot on. It’s also a flattering shape so it should work with all body types (this pattern runs from XS-3XL). I was also surprised that I liked the neckline on this one – normally scoop necks feel as if they’re constantly falling off my shoulders and constantly needs adjusting, but so far, this one has worked well. The only thing I’m on the fence about is the sleeve length – it’s a bit of a strange length for me, although it definitely ‘dresses up’ the overall feel of the finished dress.
All in all, this is another winner from Seamwork Magazine… I think once I’m done sewing up my knit fixes, I should finally get to work on the Adelaide – that one has been calling my name since I first saw it!