Today may be April Fools, but it’s not joke that I gave the Anima another try…. once again, I’m a bit underwhelmed.
I made a few modifications to the pattern:
- Omitted the faux fly.
- Decreased the width of the elastic to 1 1/4″ (the wider width is stiff and doesn’t have as much stretch).
- Omitted the drawstring.
- Simplified the waistband construction. You can read more about how I changed it in this post.
- Shortened the hem by 1″. The finished hem looked a bit awkward on me.
Overall, the shorts are extremely comfy to wear and don’t look bad on (the fabric color matches my current swimsuit perfectly too, but when I put it together, there’s a lot of pattern going on there so they may never be worn together), but I may have made a whole new pattern with all the changes I made! I’m going to give the capri length one more try because I really want a pair of joggers for spring and then I may call it quits with this design.