After my lingerie sewing last week, I decided that I needed more (new) underwear in my life… so I ordered a 1/4 yard mystery bundle from Girl Charlee fabrics. No one I knew had ever ordered one before so I’m posting a photo (on the right) so you can see what sort of material wound up in my box. All but 2 pieces were cotton jerseys (the other two were sweatshirt prints) and most were right around 1/4 yard – just barely enough to eek out a pair of underwear…. a few, however, may be destined for thongs because they shrunk after washing and I am certain there is not enough there to fit the pattern pieces. Speaking of pattern pieces:
Since the Jalie panty will be used for fabrics with lycraspandex (or at least material with a good 4-way stretch), I figured I needed to find a pattern that would work with cottons. I pulled Kwik Sew 3881 out of my stash (I had originally purchased it for view A – which would make a great Wonder Woman bottom) and tried out view B:
And ta-da, I have two new pairs! I am anxious to try out some of the new fabric from my mystery bundle, but I think it’s probably time to work on something different for awhile (although I am finally getting really good at inserting elastic without overstretching it).