Louey, Louey

When I purchased the Star Wars fabric for my latest swap, Easton had decided that after I was done making a burp cloth and matching onesie, I needed to make him some pajamas. So, I bought what I thought would be enough material to make all three… apparently I was wrong.

Originally, I traced off the snugly pajamas in Sewing for Boys, but discovered that a one piece design was too wide for the amount of fabric I had left over. I figured that since a one piece pattern wouldn’t work, surely a two part pattern would be better. So I hit the fabric store (by the way, finding a pajama bottom for a child that isn’t in one piece is much more difficult than what you’d expect) and brought home Burda 9747. After cutting out the appropriate size (and making a few waistlength adjustments), I discovered, this pattern would have fit if my material wasn’t a directional design. Boo. I now realize the only real option is shorts and decided to get the sister (or is it brother) pattern to SisBoom’s Tommy Boxers – The Louey. Finally, a pattern that I know will work!

Project Details:

Pattern: SisBoom Louey Boxer/a>

Fabric:
Star Wars cotton print
Joann‘s

Materials & Cost:
Pattern……..$10.00
Fabric………$8.74
Notions……..stash
Total……….$18.74