Empire Crossover

In my mission to make a few summer tops before the season is over, I present my latest: Jalie 2804. I originally sewed this pattern up in 2008 and haven’t touched it since so I thought it was high time to put it back into circulation. This time around I used what was left of this paisley jersey and the sleeveless, non-rouched version of the pattern (I think I would have gone for the rouched, but there just wasn’t enough fabric left over to do it).

Overall, this was a great pattern to work with again. It was easy to put together and looks great on (in fact, I like this top so much better than my previous version). My only complaint is that the top gapes open way too much for my taste. Since I didn’t make the modesty panel, I did the second best thing…. I stitch the two panels together where they meet along the seam line. If you look carefully, you might see a bit of pulling in this are when I wear it, but I think in the end it’s 10x better than a ‘wardrobe malfunction’!

5 thoughts on “Empire Crossover

  1. Sarah S

    I like the pattern. Would like to see it on you…as I am wondering about the width of the neckline and shoulders.

    1. Stacy

      I’ll be sure to post it on Friday’s blog entry. At the time I was ready to write this up, no one was around to take my picture!

  2. Betty Barratt

    Very cute top, and try as I might, I could not see where you fixed the privacy issue.

Comments are closed.