I’ve seen a lot of kids wearing personalized shirts for their birthday lately. Since Monday is Easton’s, I thought it might be fun to make my own version for him. I used an Applique Collegiate Number from Embroidery Library and 8 Claws and a Paw’s Charm font for the name to create the embellishment for this (purchased) T.
Overall, it turned out o.k. Somehow I misjudged where I wanted the “4” placed and wound up centering it much lower than what I anticipated. I also learned that when working with Embroidery Library appliques you have to cut VERY, VERY close. I thought I had trimmed the excess material down pretty far, but discovered that several spots had excess material hanging over the satin stitching after I was all done. The font, while it looks nice, did give me some trouble – for some reason it caused my machine to register a bobbin error… several times on every letter. I’m guessing it’s got to do with the company that made the design because I’ve never experienced anything like this – I may think twice about using more of their designs in the future.