Aside from nursing a cold (that doesn’t seem like it will ever go away), I also got a start on the personalized name pillow project. I think I may have underestimated how long this project may take, because after a day’s worth of work, all I have to show for are these. I understand that the applique process is the most time consuming part of the project (I just need to create a boarder around the name, sew the backing, and stuff), but I really anticipated that I would have completed pillows by the end of the day – maybe if I would have children (and a niece) with shorter names, I would be! Tomorrow, I hope to have 3 completed pillows and a full review of this pattern.
By the way, I settled on the frog print (and coordinating fabrics) for Easton’s pillow. I just never could find any boy prints (locally or in my stash) that I thought would work. Thanks for everyone’s suggestions – I’m keeping them in mind for future projects!