A New Sophia

I’m down to the final item for my Crafty Detective partner. I’ve mulled over several projects, but finally decided on a (modified) Sophia Carry-All. This is a much larger project that I intended on making, but I kept looking at her ‘wishlists’ on several sites and a bag with a similar design kept popping up… I just couldn’t resist making her one.

I decided to use the same Amy Butler print that I used for the All-in-One Wallet, but use a dark grayalmost black solid for some contrast (the bottom, ends of the zippered panels, and straps) and eliminated the piping. I also altered the interfacing a bit on this one – I eliminated the fusible fleece and decided to use a midweight interfacing instead of the woven. All of this should help reduce some of the bulk that I experienced when I sewed this up the first time.

With the cutting (and fusing) behind me, I’ve managed to put together the front panels with the straps. I have to say, I really like the contrasting look to this purse already – it really makes the print ‘pop’!