One of my ‘resolutions’ from last year was to keep a journal of all the projects that I’ve worked on throughout the year. Even though I have a sidebar with may of my projects, not everything makes it there (although there’s generally an entry on my blog). So what was I up to in 2010?
In 2010, I made a grand total of 109 items:
- 43 were made using my own patterns. Of those 23 were aprons (apparently, this was the ‘Year of the Apron’), 7 were projects for The Sewing Republic (1 didn’t make it onto the site and may appear here in 2011), and only 4 were box bags (a much smaller number than last year).
- 11 were made using Kwik Sew. I used 3034 three times, make it the most used pattern from this company.
- 10 were ’embellished’ items (for lack of a better category) – Burp cloths and kitchen towels were thrown into this group).
- 9 were Jalie sewing patterns. My favorite pattern of the year was 2918 – I made it 4 times.
- 7 were Fun Fleece Animal Hats
- 7 were Chickpea Sewing Studio’s Infant Baby Bibs
- 5 were Sis Boom Tommy Boxer patterns.
- 3 projects were made from books – Sew What! Bags, One-Yard Wonders, and Simply Sublime Gifts
- 2 were Amy Butler patterns
- 2 were from BurdaStyle
- 2 were from ikat bag – the fun chicken pattern
- 2 were Scientific Seamstress (All the Rage Raglans)
- 1 was a Hot Patterns (I had started more, just never finished them all – Darn UFOs)
- 1 was a Butterick
- 1 was a Simplicity
- 1 was an Echino
- 1 was a Scoodie Tutorial
- 1 was a Jaime Christina pattern
I plan on doing this again next year – I think it’s amazing to be able to see everything at a glance and look back at how much I’ve accomplished in one year… even with a toddler ‘assisting’ me with everything!
So what’s on the table for 2011? Lot’s more projects, a new site design (brace yourself, it’s a dramatic, new look), giveaways, and more tutorials! I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years eve and I’ll see you in 2011!