Harajuku Jacket, Part 2

Well, after much wrangling of fabric, I finally finished the jacket to Taylor’s costume! There’s quite a bit of fabric involved (4 layers of fabric plus interfacings) and they way the sleeve is inserted is a bit different than what I would have done (they have you basting the sleeve and the lining separately then bast together, then gather). Consequently, it is a bit bulky to work with – I can’t imagine what it would be like if I would have used the canvas like they recommended! Taylor has decided not to add buttons to this jacket (which is nice because it take around 10), but would like the same trim around the collar as what I used for the vest neckline – now that’s a lot of handstitching to do!
The good: The fit is good and it looks nice on, but we possibly could have gone up one size and it might be a bit better.
The bad: Taylor hates the sleeve ruffles, they are enormously long and cover up much of her hand. I might have to agree on this one, but I really don’t want to have to go back and re-work this part.

2 thoughts on “Harajuku Jacket, Part 2

Comments are closed.