Monkey Suit

With everything cut out, I started sewing up a jumpsuit to put on a sheep – I started with the black first since it’s Easton’s and he won’t be pointing out any sewing errors for numerous years!

I think it looks a bit like a gorilla costume at the moment – although once it’s on the sheep I’m sure it will look more woolen. As for construction, it was a breeze. However, the trickiest part was the zipper. Between the small seam allowances (1/4″) and pile on the fabric, inserting the zipper was challenging. Once the zip was in, I found that a lot of the fur got in the way so I used a long machine stitch and topstitched close to the finished edge and then trimmed any super plush minky that was poking out.
One jumpsuit down, one to go!

One thought on “Monkey Suit

Comments are closed.