I’m really not sure how I’ve managed to find the time, but somehow, I finished my last project for The Office Swap….
For my last project, I made a notepad holder (with Office themed paper and pens inside). I didn’t have a pattern for this one, but I’ve made something similar in the past so I had some idea how I wanted to construct it – and the changes I need to make if I decide to try this again.
First I made the pocket. One thing I changed from my prior version is the size and shape – the triangular pocket wasn’t large enough to hold anything effectively so I opted for a more rectangular version. I was really pleased with how it turned out. Unfortunately, I spent so much time fiddling with the design that I completely forgot to interface it. Next, I made the interior slot that the back of the notepad fits through. For this area, I used a welt pocket technique – it’s a nice way to produce a finished look to the inside of the notepad. Lastly, I sewed the right lining and the front together, inserted Peltex (to give it shape), and topstitched. I am now wishing I had some sort of closure for this notebook (I’m thinking ribbon ties or a round elastic and button) and added another layer of Peltex on the inside to make it a bit stiffer. I’m keeping both of these in mind – I think that I’ll be making more of these in the future…. maybe as Christmas presents.
To finish up this post, I’ll leave you with a parting shot of my package. In addition to all the items I’ve made, I’m also including ‘rubber band ball’ filled with gum and Dwight’s green recorder (so long as it fits in the package, I need to send this one to Australia!):