After several weeks of having the Happy Stacker stare at me on my sewing table, I finally decided to get started on it last night. Although it looks rather uncomplicated, after reading though this pattern, it’s going to be a project that takes awhile to construct – the fabric and pattern cutting alone took me an entire night! One thing that I did do to make the process go a bit faster… ironed the interfacing to the material before cutting. According to the directions, the interfacing should be applied at a 45 degree angle to the grain line of the fabric to keep the doughnut shape round. I may have ‘wasted’ more fabric by adding the interfacing to the material first, but it allowed me to keep the grain lines of the material and interfacing aligned properly and saved me some cutting time. Now the hard part, lots of circular and hand sewing!