Yesterday, Bret took care of the kiddos and let me have the afternoon to do whatever I wanted – so of course, I sewed! I took that opportunity to retrace Jalie 2804 in a new size, cut out the material, and get started on my swap package (so if you’re my swap partner, don’t go any further).
The first thing I tackled was the skirt panel. I’m not sure if this project is any faster than using a sewing pattern, but it was a nice change of pace. Here’s the results:
Instead of attempting to put in a hem or dig out my other sewing machine with the rolled hem foot, I decided to add a bit of lace trim to the bottom. Fortunately, in my notions stash was a large amount of light blue lace which seems to match perfectly to the blue in the skirt material. I hope my partner likes it!