Are you ready to see my reconstructed bridesmaid dress? Are you sure? Alright here it is (I’m so excited to share it I can’t wait until the morning to post)!
And a photo of the back:
Since you last saw the dress, I attached the bodice to the skirt, stitched the ‘ribbon’ in place (which is really the satin straps made to look like a ‘bow’), used the broach as the ribbon knot, inserted the zipper (recycled from the original dress), criss-crossed the straps and attached them to the dress using snaps, and made narrow hems on the lining and sheer material. WHEW!!! By the way, I might add that the narrow hems were a booger to do with my foot when it tried to go over those French seams!
I honestly have to say, I am amazed I pulled this one off! Not only did I have enough material to make this dress for Taylor, but I did it in a matter of days (and just in time for the wedding). I feel very ‘liberated’ – taking something from my wardrobe and turning it into something my child could wear. The wedding is Friday evening so I’m sure that I’ll have lots of photos to share after the weekend.