Aside from some much needed housecleaning, I managed to get my gumdrop pillows sewn up. Of course, right now they are just lifeless balls of fabric:
Instead of using alternating fabrics for my pillows, I went with two ‘solid’ ones instead. Since I went this route, I omitted one fabric piece (it’s a hexagonal shaped piece that is sewn to a top of the pillow mostly for decoration) because it really didn’t make any difference in the overall design (I did add it to one of the pillows, but it blends in so much you can’t tell it’s there).
I was amazed at how fast these pillows went together! But let me tell you, they are going to be large – like small ottomans (and I opted for the 18″ version). I can’t wait to stuff them and see how they look completed!