With a future of box packing looming in my future, I happily sat infront of my machine and finished up my latest project – the Hoodie Apron! Things went together without a hitch and the packaged bias tape sped things up quite a bit. But, before I go into more detail of this pattern, let me give you a peek at one side of this apron:
So, things about the pattern that I noticed: I’ve looked and looked, but no where can I find what the seam allowances are – I used 5/8″. If you’re unfamiliar with making your own bias biniding, you may want to look it up prior to working with this pattern…the directions for this part of the apron are very limited. Lastly there’s the waistband and ties – I just kind of winged this since I’m not really sure what she was after with it. For example, it told me to attach one side of the waistband to the apron, but not the other. She also has you cutting 4 ties, but I’m not sure how she really wanted you to put them together so I sewed two pieces right sides together to make one tie. This resulted in a shorter apron string which can only be tied in the back. I still like it, but next time I’ll sew them short sides together first to make a longer.
And now enough about the directions! Here’s a photo of the reversible side: