The weather outside yesterday was beautiful – no wind, temperatures in the 50’s, and lots of sunshine. After a bit of housework, my resin curiosity got the best of me. So working outside, wearing gloves and mask (I’m sure my neighbors were wondering what I was doing), I started playing around with Easy Cast. The picture on the right is what I’ve done so far. Some molds are completely full, some have glitter, some have inserts, some are ‘marbled’ (which I think will turn out horribly). I’m letting these cure overnight and will finish them up tomorrow (weather permitting).
Seeing that I didn’t clean my sewing area, I’ll go ahead and show you it’s current state:
I know, it’s awful… maybe this will motivate me to clean it up! So, this is what I have going on with my table – piles in between all my machines. Some are UFOs (unfinished objects) and WIPs (work in progress), some are catalogs, books and magazines. Since it’s almost impossible to sew with large piles looming over me, I have moved some of these to the floor area – this also includes fabric and notions that should be put away into the shelving unit on the right (which also needs straightening up – look at those patterns teetering over the edge of that bin!).