If you read yesterday’s post, then you know about my disasterous attempt at using a transfer on my new pajama top. After purchasing a whole new round of fabric, I sat down and started over again.
I have to admit, putting it together went quickly and this time I waited until I was completely finished with the whole top before I added the transfer. Whew! Everything went smoothly this time:
And here are my completed pajama bottoms:
Even though I’ve made this pattern up several times, I’ve never done a review of it. So if you’re interested in hearing how it sews up (FYI – it’s a quick and easy pattern and sews up wonderfully), you can find my review here.
So, what happened to the mangled design top? Did I burn it? Consider it a wadder and throw it away? Use it as a dustrag? Suprisingly, none of the above. If you would have asked me shortly after I messed up the design, I would have tossed it, but after looking at it, I decided to give the shirt a second chance. So, I redesigned it. If you look at the first top, you’ll see that it’s large and roomy – great for pajamas, but not so stylish if you’re going to wear it as a top. So I took in the sides and substantially reduced the underarm area. Additionally, I cut off 7 inches off the bottom of the shirt (in my original top, I had not made the misses adjustment so it was already 2 inches longer than the finished design above) and made it into short sleeves. I ‘distressed’ more areas of the design to make it ‘vintage’ and added a few rhinestones for some ‘bling’. Ta-Da! I have a top that I can wear with track pants!
Oh yes, and my Burda finally arrived yesterday afternoon, but still no Patrones……..the saga continues. And a huge thanks to Debbie who pointed out the iron on transfer site, Printonit. I really like the way the transfers have turned out and have already ordered more!