It’s back to costume sewing, even though temperatures here are going to reach 97 degrees and it feels very unfall like at the moment.
Here’s the progress that I’ve made so far:
The bodice is complete and the drapes have been constructed, embelished and attached to the top. I’ve started on the skirt panels, however, I made a mistake – I attached the lace ruffles so that they point toward the black part of the dress and not the off-white inset. It didn’t look horrible, but you couldn’t see it either. So, I wound up taking it all off and will start over again on it. I’m sure that it took 3 times a long to remove it than what it did to sew it on, but I think that I’ll like it better in the long run.
Hopefully, by Wednesday, I can chalk up this costume as ‘complete’!