The Fitting

I spent the evening sewing up a muslin for Taylor’s costume.


I decided to cut out the bodice insert, front, back, one sleeve with a flounce, and the front panel of the skirt. Of course, the final result looked crazy, see for yourself:

I was rather suprised at the fit – not too bad considering that I didn’t make any changes yet (and I had envisioned a huge sack sitting on her shoulders). I’m taking up the neckline, and taking in some around the bustline and around the sides near the insert (it’s very bulky there). The back piece has darts and I intend on taking those out all together – the seams for the zipper are going to be too tight otherwise. I do think that I’ll have to add darts in the back eventually, but more around the upper back area and not the lower back. I like the length on her as well. Instead of using the full length on view C, I used the cutting lines for the alternate shorter view (this comes to just above floor length on her). WHEW! Now I’ve got to transfer all these changes to the pattern and see what I’ve come up with!

One thought on “The Fitting

Comments are closed.